Published : Thu, Sep 19, 2019 4:00 PM GMT
Facts About Canada You May Not Know
Here are some lesser known facts about Canada
- Canada is the most educated country in the world, with almost six-in-10 adults having some type of higher education, according to U.S. Global Investors. Rated next are Japan, Israel, South Korea and the United Kingdom. The U.S. is sixth.
- One-tenth of the world’s forests are in Canada.
- Half of the world’s polar bears live in Nunavut, the most northerly territory in Canada. In fact, there is a vigorous debate there if it has too many bears.
- Based on various sources, Canada has some of the safest cities in the world. According to an analysis of statistics by the The Daily Meal website, Waterloo, Ottawa and Quebec City are rated among the 50 safest cities in the world; Quebec City rates No. 3. The Economist rates Toronto the world’s fourth safest city, behind only Osaka, Singapore and Tokyo.
- Alberta’s Wood Buffalo National Park is bigger than some countries, including Switzerland, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- The Calgary Stampede is the world’s largest outdoor event.